The CLC’s School Leaders Academy offers principals and assistant principals in New Jersey the chance to engage in an intensive professional development program that will target their growth as school leaders and help them face the challenges of leading urban schools.
Divided into five modules, the SLA’s training framework is delivered over a two-year period by a team from the CLC that brings national expertise in school leadership.
- Leadership/Executive Skills
- Interpersonal Effectiveness/Team Development Strategies
- Organizational Effectiveness/Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Strategies for School Effectiveness
- Strategies for Personal/Professional Growth
IMPACT AND OUTCOMES
The School Leaders Academy has had a significant impact on the Camden City district’s comprehensive plan for improvement and capacity building. The program provides the necessary support for current leaders, serves as a pipeline for future principals, and ultimately improves student learning and achievement and improve administrative leadership and effectiveness.