Advisor to the Board of Directors Financiera El Comercio SAECA Casa
Master of Arts in Economics; Rutgers University,
New Jersey USA; Oct. 1992
Bachelor of Arts (Mayor: Economics) (Honors: Cum Laude); University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA; May 1989
- Advisor to the Board of Directors, Financiera El Comercio SAECA (Dec. 2018-pres).
- Paraguayan General Director, Itaipu Binacional Hydroelectric Dam (Aug. 2013-Aug 2018).
- Director and Board Member, Financiera El Comercio SAECA (Aug. 2010-Aug. 2013).
- Dean of the School of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Universidad Americana, Asunción, Paraguay (Feb.-Dec. 2010).
- National consultant hired by the Evaluation Office, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New York. “Assessment of Development Results (ADR): Evaluation of UNDP Contributions in Paraguay, Thematic Area: Democratic Governance.” (May-Dec. 2010).
- National consultant hired by the Evaluation Office, UNDP, New York. “Strengthening National Capacities for Development and Implementation of National Development Strategies: Assessment of the contribution of UNDP, Paraguay Case.” (May-July 2010).
- Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Republic of Paraguay in the United States of America (Dec. 2003-Oct. 2009).
- Director of the consulting firm GADES (Advisory Group on Sustainable Development) (Jan.Dec. 2003).
- Minister of Finance and Coordinator of the Ministerial Economic Council; Governor for Paraguay IADB, IIC, BIRF, FONPLATA and CAF (Feb.-Nov. 2002).
- Vice Minister of Economy and Integration, Ministry of Finance; Alternate Governor for Paraguay IADB, IIC, BIRF, FONPLATA and CAF (Oct. 2000-Feb. 2002).
- Vice Minister of Trade, Ministry of Industry & Trade (Jan.-Oct. 2000). Chairman of the Board and CEO of Petróleos Paraguayos (PETROPAR) (Aug. 1998-Dec. 1999).
- Vice Minister of Integration, Ministry of Integration (Apr. 1995-Aug. 1998).
- Assistant to the Vice Minister of Trade in the area of foreign trade as well as Paraguayan Negotiator in the Trade Working Group (SGT 1) of MERCOSUR, Ministry of Industry & Trade (Jun. 1993-Apr. 1995).
- Economic Advisor, Technical Cabinet, Ministry of Industry & Trade (Nov. 1992-Jun. 1993)