The Rutgers Camden Community Leadership Center is looking for talented and committed students that can work as tutors with our partnering school—the LEAP Academy Charter.. We have positions from grades K-12 and our buildings are located in walking distance to our campus. The focus of our tutoring program is on mathematics and English skills, as well as specialized tutoring support for our Early College programs in the sciences, history and business coursework. Tutors help students understand assignments, explain the key concepts of course materials, offer feedback and encouragement, and share appropriate resources. They work in a classroom setting along a teacher to provide immediate support and small group assistance to students who need some extra help. Juniors and Seniors, as well as Graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- Eagerness to help others learn
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (in both verbal and written communication)
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong active listening skills
- Desire to work with a diverse population of learners
- Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature
- Ability to use technological resources and various software platforms
- High academic achievement, especially in subject area(s) applicant wishes to tutor (provide copy of your transcript)
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Previous tutoring experience
- $15-$20/hr for undergraduate students
- $20-$25/hr for graduate students.
- Tutoring hours during the regular school day with some opportunity for after school as needed.