Through a collaboration between Rutgers University and the Universidad Nacional de Asuncion, the Higher Education Center for Ethics, Equity and Transparency project is leading a comprehensive initiative to address issues of government corruption, transparency and public accountability to support a more ethical, equitable and transparent society to ultimately improve the culture of lawfulness within the nation. The following publications document collaborative research and activities conducted by the HECEET project.
This bulletin summarizes the main activities and agreements reached during the visit of the Rutgers-Camden University delegation to the National University of Asuncion in Paraguay, July 15-22, in order to further strengthen the ties of cooperation with the country through the Center for Higher Education for Ethics, Equity and Transparency (CESEET). Click here to learn more
This bulletin describes the main achievements and activities in the framework of the implementation of the Center for Higher Education for Ethics, Equity and Transparency (HECEET) in Paraguay during the second and third quarters of the third year of project execution.
The work focused on the implementation of programs, reforms, training, dissemination, and institutionalization of HECEET as an integral strategic unit of the UNA. Priority areas focused on:
- The continuity of work with TSE Ambassadors and the development of a Trainer’s Manual to train Ambassadors to become trainers for the TSE Leadership program.
- The institutional commitment of the academic units of the UNA through the active involve-ment of its deans and academic leaders in the framework of the inclusion of Ethics, Equity and Transparency as cross-cutting values in the curricula of the undergraduate and graduate programs offered.
- Academic exchange between Rutgers University and UNA faculty and students through in-ter-institutional collaboration projects, bidirectional courses, and experimental visits.
- The development of audiovisual materials and dissemination of activities in traditional and digital media to share the impact of HECEET with the Paraguayan society and, in particular, with collaborators of the center that contribute to its sustainability.
- Promote research in the different levels of the UNA on issues related to ethics, equity, and transparency.
Click here to learn more
HECEET Bulletin Fall 2021
Bulletin summarizes the efforts carried out during the visit of the Rutgers University delegation to UNA in Asunción Paraguay, led by Dr. Gloria Bonilla-Santiago, Director of the Center for Higher Education for Ethics, Equity and Transparency (HECEET), and the visit of the leadership team of the National University of Asuncion to Camden, New Jersey, led by Chancellor Dr. Zully Vera. Click here to lean more
Forum Ethics, Equity and Transparency Webinar: A Call to Action to Construct a New Paraguay
The proceedings presented here reflect upon HECEET’s first academic forum titled Ethics, Equity and Transparency: A Call to Action to Construct a New Paraguay. This forum, held via WebEx on June 17, 2020, provided an opportunity to gather university, public and private sector leadership and talent from Paraguay and the United States to create a sustainable collaboration for sharing important and innovative best practices, relevant research findings and practical experiences around the topics of ethics, equity and transparency.
This highlights and summarizes of the second year of activities and programmatic accomplishments of the Higher Education Center for Ethics, Equity and Transparency (HECEET) in Paraguay. Our focus during the second year has been on implementation. During the rst half of this year, along with the planned EET trainings, institutes and joint research projects, HECEET was incorporated into the UNA organizational structure, and the online ethicscompliance tool for UNA faculty and staff was developed. Click here to learn more